Mthente Research and Consulting Services is looking for an experienced Operations Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of Mthente’s research and consulting projects. This will be achieved by designing, implementing and managing internal processes and systems that will drive organisational performance and efficiencies, allowing for the delivery of high-quality research products on time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and monitoring of all projects through the programme cycle, including the coordination of projects and their interdependencies.
- Defining, developing, implementing and managing operational systems and processes, including governance controls.
- Managing project budgets, including the management and utilisation of resources across projects.
- Managing risks and taking corrective measurements to ensure project delivery and revenue maximisation.
- Managing client and associate communication and relationships.
- Managing Mthente’s intellectual knowledge and project documentations, including key databases.
The Operations Manager must have strong practical experience in project and operational management, which has been gained through managing complex research projects, preferably within a research consulting environment. He or she must have the following attributes:
- Excellent knowledge and handling of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent operational management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Advanced IT skills, especially Excel and the ability to manage large data sets.
- Research reporting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals involved in the delivery of Mthente’s research projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with advanced communication abilities.
- Innovative approach to work and problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial drive and self-motivation to grow the profile of Mthente.
The idea candidate must have a post-graduate degree, preferably in the areas of Management, Research Psychology and/or Monitoring and Evaluation. It is imperative that the applicant has a minimum of 8-10 years operational management experience. Previous management experience in a research consulting environment and/or owning a business will be an advantage.
Please send a full CV and a covering letter highlighting ability to meet the requirements of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8th July 2019. If you have not heard from us by the 31st July 2019 you can assume that your application has not been successful.